I still remember my first week of practicum…
I felt desperate, not knowing how to teach them. It was so difficult to communicate with them, even simple words as I am not so good in using the sign language. I laughed together with the students when I have signed wrongly Mmm.. laugh together is better than being laughed right?
____________________________________________________________
Second week…
I started to question my choice to be a teacher… Am I suitable to be a special education teacher? …Do I have the patience to teach them? …Do I have the skill to teach them and make them understand what I teach? …Will I be a good teacher or I am just wasting the place provided for those who really suit for this career? Thanks to the support from my sister and friends… And I did not give up. I continued my journey… I still remember … having an autistic student (who has a very big size) who wanted to beat his friend. I was sitting in the class when that autistic student wanted to get my student. Haha… I quickly locked my classroom door. He kept on bumping the door, making a lot of noise. My student quickly hid behind the door when the door was open. The autistic student went straight into my class, not realizing that my student was hiding behind the door. And… yup… my student fled out from the class, escaped from that autistic student… SO SMART!
____________________________________________________________
Third week…
Students were having their examination throughout the week. My students’ main language is sign language… Sign language has it’s own structure and my students not really follow the grammar when signing. So, it’s a bit difficult for them to do the exam… Maybe it will work better if my students were tested using their language?
____________________________________________________________
Fourth week…
I started to teach. I still having problem in using sign language. I was a teacher and at the same time I was a student to my students… I taught them Science, BM and Pendidikan Sivik dan Kewarganegaraan while they taught me sign language. I have to admit that they are very good in teaching sign language. They always respect me; will never say bad things about me although I’m not smart enough to use their language efficiently. They understand… They know my needs. But how many of us will do the same if vice versa? However… There was a sleepy handsome who always sleep in class… He will open his eyes and look at me for 5 seconds before laid back and closed his eyes… Or… He will talk and talk and talk with his friends and irritated them. So, I asked his friend to change place. And his friend did changed his place, moved his desk to behind (he lazy to take his things out from the drawer, so he just exchanged the desks) The sleepy handsome sensed that his friend did not want to sit beside him; he got angry and pushed the desk. Then he lay on the desk and cried for a moment before he took his bag and ran out from my class. I have no choice but to follow him-how if he commit suicide? Guess where he went? He went into the male toilet, hiding himself there. Very smart huh?… He knew that I cannot go into male’s toilet. I really wanted to get into the toilet but… paiseh la. Luckily there were few form 4 students that voluntarily help me to get him out but in vain. So, I got help from a male teacher to bring him out from that toilet. Haih, I guess that toilet smells good, that’s why he wanted to stay there. I tried to deal with this sleepy handsome. How leh? As I corrected his exercise book, I got an idea. I drew 2 pictures on his book- a big cross at the picture showing a boy sleeping and a big tick at the picture showing a hardworking boy. At the same time, I gave tokens to that class. Well, well… IT WORKS! Yippy…!
____________________________________________________________
Fifth week…
My students had performance in Center Court. Seeing them performing made me felt that they are so special, so lovely. And I believe that… everyone can succeed if He works hard and works smart-so do I. So never give up! I still remember There was a cute autistic student… He liked to hit his friend. So, I hit him back everytime he hit his friend and told him that it was hurting and it’s wrong. Few days later, when I entered his class, he hit his friend for no reason. My friend, Shirling told me that the student did not hit his friend when she was in that class. Aiya… I was a catalyst for the hitting! He sure felt happy when I hit him, as if I was playing with him… BOOOMMM!!! So, like a small girl, I signed to him, “Kalau pukul dia, saya tak mahu kawan. TAK MAHU KAWAN!” and turned my head away from him. I did not respond to his call… and aiyaa… he “huh” me! Realizing that I did not want to friend with him, he drew pictures for me and wrote the word “communicate” and he did not hit his friend anymore. Hehe… See, so easy to handle him… hahaha! Naughty teacher.
____________________________________________________________
Sixth week…First observation from my lecturer. My students knew that someone was coming. I was totally shocked when I entered 1 Kurshiah. The students have 3600 changed in their attitude! No one slept, no one talked, and no one told joke. All the 6 pairs of eyes were looking at me, listen attentively during my class! While I was teaching, I was wondering whether there’s something wrong with them. They were too cooperative and I was grinning when I taught- tak tahan seeing their serious face. Luckily my lecturer did not observe me that day. Me lecturer observed me the next day. I was teaching 1 Durah at that time and the students also very good and serious on that day… hehe.. good students =p
____________________________________________________________
Seventh week…
Final observation from my lecture and got first and second observation from my guru pembimbing. Hehe.. I started to become playful with my students… less serious than before when no one observed me. I felt more comfortable and happy if there’s no gap between the students and me. This week was the busiest week… everyday did my lesson plan, teaching materials, typing notes and exercise and check the students’ book… No need sleep lo.. got panda eyes already!
____________________________________________________________
Eight week…
Got my final observation from my guru pembimbing. And it’s the final week of my practicum. It was the time for us to separate. So sad… need to separate with them, could not play with them anymore. I’ll miss you all, my students.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ninth week…
I am back to UKM, Leading the life as a student, Missing my lovely students.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I still remember having to move house, carried all the belongings with my friends using the trolley and moved to the house nearby at night as the previous owner wanted to cheat us.. haha. But at the same time, I realized that there are many caring neighbors who care for us. The place still has the kampung feels… Everyone is so friendly EXCEPT that 13 o ’clock renter. All my students are smart and I love them. They care for others. Once, there’s a student who lost his pencil case, stolen by his classmate. He cried and all his friends tried to console him, did not left him alone. A moment later, all the students gathered in the classroom, boys and girls were gathered separately by themselves without the teacher. Even my friends and me were not allowed to get into their ‘court’-they said that they could solved it by themselves. The boys were having meeting, as if in the court… asking who have bullied the student. No quarrel… everything was solved in peace. I am proud of them. How many of us will do the same, fight for justice and help their friend?
Eight week of practicum,
A memorable moment,
It has made me to realize many things,
And I’ve learned a lot about life.
The hardest moment…
It is not the moment when I have no choice but to move house,
Nor it was the moment when I have to burn the midnight oil.
The hardest moment is when it’s time I have to say goodbye to my beloved students, to Seremban.
Love you all !
I felt desperate, not knowing how to teach them. It was so difficult to communicate with them, even simple words as I am not so good in using the sign language. I laughed together with the students when I have signed wrongly Mmm.. laugh together is better than being laughed right?
____________________________________________________________
Second week…
I started to question my choice to be a teacher… Am I suitable to be a special education teacher? …Do I have the patience to teach them? …Do I have the skill to teach them and make them understand what I teach? …Will I be a good teacher or I am just wasting the place provided for those who really suit for this career? Thanks to the support from my sister and friends… And I did not give up. I continued my journey… I still remember … having an autistic student (who has a very big size) who wanted to beat his friend. I was sitting in the class when that autistic student wanted to get my student. Haha… I quickly locked my classroom door. He kept on bumping the door, making a lot of noise. My student quickly hid behind the door when the door was open. The autistic student went straight into my class, not realizing that my student was hiding behind the door. And… yup… my student fled out from the class, escaped from that autistic student… SO SMART!
____________________________________________________________
Third week…
Students were having their examination throughout the week. My students’ main language is sign language… Sign language has it’s own structure and my students not really follow the grammar when signing. So, it’s a bit difficult for them to do the exam… Maybe it will work better if my students were tested using their language?
____________________________________________________________
Fourth week…
I started to teach. I still having problem in using sign language. I was a teacher and at the same time I was a student to my students… I taught them Science, BM and Pendidikan Sivik dan Kewarganegaraan while they taught me sign language. I have to admit that they are very good in teaching sign language. They always respect me; will never say bad things about me although I’m not smart enough to use their language efficiently. They understand… They know my needs. But how many of us will do the same if vice versa? However… There was a sleepy handsome who always sleep in class… He will open his eyes and look at me for 5 seconds before laid back and closed his eyes… Or… He will talk and talk and talk with his friends and irritated them. So, I asked his friend to change place. And his friend did changed his place, moved his desk to behind (he lazy to take his things out from the drawer, so he just exchanged the desks) The sleepy handsome sensed that his friend did not want to sit beside him; he got angry and pushed the desk. Then he lay on the desk and cried for a moment before he took his bag and ran out from my class. I have no choice but to follow him-how if he commit suicide? Guess where he went? He went into the male toilet, hiding himself there. Very smart huh?… He knew that I cannot go into male’s toilet. I really wanted to get into the toilet but… paiseh la. Luckily there were few form 4 students that voluntarily help me to get him out but in vain. So, I got help from a male teacher to bring him out from that toilet. Haih, I guess that toilet smells good, that’s why he wanted to stay there. I tried to deal with this sleepy handsome. How leh? As I corrected his exercise book, I got an idea. I drew 2 pictures on his book- a big cross at the picture showing a boy sleeping and a big tick at the picture showing a hardworking boy. At the same time, I gave tokens to that class. Well, well… IT WORKS! Yippy…!
____________________________________________________________
Fifth week…
My students had performance in Center Court. Seeing them performing made me felt that they are so special, so lovely. And I believe that… everyone can succeed if He works hard and works smart-so do I. So never give up! I still remember There was a cute autistic student… He liked to hit his friend. So, I hit him back everytime he hit his friend and told him that it was hurting and it’s wrong. Few days later, when I entered his class, he hit his friend for no reason. My friend, Shirling told me that the student did not hit his friend when she was in that class. Aiya… I was a catalyst for the hitting! He sure felt happy when I hit him, as if I was playing with him… BOOOMMM!!! So, like a small girl, I signed to him, “Kalau pukul dia, saya tak mahu kawan. TAK MAHU KAWAN!” and turned my head away from him. I did not respond to his call… and aiyaa… he “huh” me! Realizing that I did not want to friend with him, he drew pictures for me and wrote the word “communicate” and he did not hit his friend anymore. Hehe… See, so easy to handle him… hahaha! Naughty teacher.
____________________________________________________________Sixth week…First observation from my lecturer. My students knew that someone was coming. I was totally shocked when I entered 1 Kurshiah. The students have 3600 changed in their attitude! No one slept, no one talked, and no one told joke. All the 6 pairs of eyes were looking at me, listen attentively during my class! While I was teaching, I was wondering whether there’s something wrong with them. They were too cooperative and I was grinning when I taught- tak tahan seeing their serious face. Luckily my lecturer did not observe me that day. Me lecturer observed me the next day. I was teaching 1 Durah at that time and the students also very good and serious on that day… hehe.. good students =p
____________________________________________________________
Seventh week…
Final observation from my lecture and got first and second observation from my guru pembimbing. Hehe.. I started to become playful with my students… less serious than before when no one observed me. I felt more comfortable and happy if there’s no gap between the students and me. This week was the busiest week… everyday did my lesson plan, teaching materials, typing notes and exercise and check the students’ book… No need sleep lo.. got panda eyes already!
____________________________________________________________
Eight week…
Got my final observation from my guru pembimbing. And it’s the final week of my practicum. It was the time for us to separate. So sad… need to separate with them, could not play with them anymore. I’ll miss you all, my students.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Ninth week…
I am back to UKM, Leading the life as a student, Missing my lovely students.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I still remember having to move house, carried all the belongings with my friends using the trolley and moved to the house nearby at night as the previous owner wanted to cheat us.. haha. But at the same time, I realized that there are many caring neighbors who care for us. The place still has the kampung feels… Everyone is so friendly EXCEPT that 13 o ’clock renter. All my students are smart and I love them. They care for others. Once, there’s a student who lost his pencil case, stolen by his classmate. He cried and all his friends tried to console him, did not left him alone. A moment later, all the students gathered in the classroom, boys and girls were gathered separately by themselves without the teacher. Even my friends and me were not allowed to get into their ‘court’-they said that they could solved it by themselves. The boys were having meeting, as if in the court… asking who have bullied the student. No quarrel… everything was solved in peace. I am proud of them. How many of us will do the same, fight for justice and help their friend?
Eight week of practicum,
A memorable moment,
It has made me to realize many things,
And I’ve learned a lot about life.
The hardest moment…
It is not the moment when I have no choice but to move house,
Nor it was the moment when I have to burn the midnight oil.
The hardest moment is when it’s time I have to say goodbye to my beloved students, to Seremban.
Love you all !
No comments:
Post a Comment